Flooding: The #1 United States Natural Disaster
Flooding is the number one natural disaster in the United States annually. Many homeowners are confronted with the possibility of flood damage. Water disregards the precious memories and possessions inside a home, and the furniture and equipment in a business. Water damage occurs from many sources, but flood damage remains the number one reason to call a water restoration expert.
A flooded home quickly begins to deteriorate. In very severe floods, the water in the home can reach upper levels. Flood water is the most toxic to physical objects. It contains bacteria, mud, and various toxic chemicals picked up on its journey into the home. If you've got flood water in your home, there's no time to waste in calling a flood restoration company. Water cleanup in a flooded home is a massive project and not something that should be taken lightly by homeowners.
A professional restoration company will:
- Respond quickly
- Access the damage and make a plan
- Begin water removal using specialized equipment for extraction
- Use industrial grade air movers and dehumidifiers to dry the home or business completely, checking moisture levels to ensure drying is complete.
- Clean and Sanitize the affected area and restores salvageable items. This prevents secondary damage such as mold.
- Restore the property to its preloss condition
Any invasion by water should be treated seriously, especially if the culprit is contaminated flood water. The moment you know that flood water has entered the home, it's time to call a restoration company.
Visit https://www.SERVPROlakewaywestlake.com for more information on water damage.